Saturday, June 3, 2017

Dealing with Anger



My cousin died yesterday after more than month in rehab. For some reason there is unbidden feelings toward friends and family that were clearly absent during her last two years of pain and suffering.  As I review this book, I am dealing with some residual anger from former situations. There is good advice and confident help available in this resource by June Hunt. Wonderful scriptures especially from Proverbs were brought to my memory. I needed to remember that God is faithful and He will strengthen his children in times of sorrow and pain.  The first session offers the different types of anger from simmering indignation to blazing rage. The reflection pages were healing to me. It is good to face the realization of how we ourselves deal with anger. This book has much information for the facilitator of the small group study. 2 Timothy 2:15 prefaces the suggestions for leaders, from encouraging participation to dealing with difficulties. The last three sessions are biblical solutions for anger. This is a much needed resource for Christians who try to stuff their emotions while creating a façade in church. Rose Publishing provided me with this resource for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment