Saturday, June 24, 2017

Codependency by JUNE HUNT

Codependency came to be a buzzword when I was in college. Usually we think of people with drug or alcohol addictions but it can take many forms. I myself have been an enabler when I allowed my husband to continually choose drinking and playing softball over time with his children. Allowing the destructive behavior to continue because I was afraid of losing my husband, however it eventually destroyed my marriage. A lesson learned: Don’t fear losing the love of others when you allow them to suffer the consequences of their negative actions. Through Christ we can carry all our burdens and lay them at the foot of the Cross. Once we depend on God instead of another person, “You’ll learn never to settle for what looks good, but always to choose what is best.” Recently getting a manicure a stranger shared with me her concern for her ungrateful and rebellious teenager. She was working two jobs to provide this child with his own car; paying for his insurance and the gas. This poor mother felt she had no recourse. If she had encouraged the son to acquire employment to pay for the insurance and gas maybe she could give up one of her jobs. Sometimes we have to step back to see what is happening in our own relationships. Rose publishers gave me this pdf for a fair review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment