Saturday, May 21, 2016

Five Keys for Raising Boys by Gregory L. Jantz



Five Keys for Raising Boys was interesting reading. Times have indeed changed from when I went to school because the worry was for girls succeeding in math and science and later entering the workplace as equals. The section on gray matter and white matter existing in the brain was a new concept to me. The analogy of men’s brains is more like the boxes in a waffle and focusing on one task at a time and women’s brains are more seamless and transition easily like noodles intertwining on a plate made sense to me. Mothers often carry a crying baby, fix dinner, and talk on the phone all at the same time. I have noticed my sons and grandsons zoned out on video games or television when you ask them to take out the trash. The hints on page 20 are good. I like for the boys to look me in the eyeball when I am talking. Also be kind enough to let you son come to a stopping point in his game. He will be more cooperative. Boys and girls are indeed differently. God made us differently to propagate the world. As the author talks about our plumbing being different, I remember making the discovery about male and female connections in mechanical parts and electrical connections. Although homosexuality was not mentioned or addressed it did come to mind when talking about differences in the genders. Although women are characterized as having a Talk-About-It mode; I too have a Fix-it Mode. The author Gregory L. Jantz has a PHD but he also include many references and studies with 36 notations on the last pages. There was a lot of information stated as fact, but I will have to study more before I can debate the validity. This resource was given to me by Rose Publishing for an honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment