Thursday, May 19, 2016

Cool Devotions for Guys entitled “Gotta Have God. “

Gotta Have God Boys Devotional -- Ages 10-12This year has been tough on my grandsons emotionally and I thought this devotion for boys would be encouraging. Cool Devotions for Guys entitled "Gotta Have God." The book begins having the boys think about how special they are by listing their talents and gifts. They develop a Coat of Arms for their family and work on activities to discover who they are in Christ. Four major problems are discussed; Fear, Anger, Sadness, and Worry. Brief devotions include a verse of scripture and a one sentence prayer just enough for a boy this age. One section I am partial to includes twenty positive characteristics including Humility, Reverence, and Responsibility. It provides scenarios where the boys have to make a choice about the situation which will define their character. Word Finds, Crossword puzzles, Fill in the Blank sentences, and many interesting activities reinforce the teaching for being the best they can be. The section titled “My Journey with God” includes prayer, reading the Bible, Abiding in Christ, and Evangelism. What a wonderful book so full of information and guidelines preteen boys need to ground them in the Truth before going into High School. My younger grandson will better learn Christian values from this book and I think he will enjoy the puzzles and activities. This book was given to me by Rose Publishing for my honest appraisal.

No comments:

Post a Comment