Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Your New Name In Christ: 50 Names For Believers


Working with and teaching women it is especially important that they know who they are in Christ. Women I meet through Divorce Recovery or the homeless shelter or even in the church setting may have been belittled and criticized by husband or boyfriend or even parents from their youth. My favorite name is Beloved, from Romans and 1 Corinthians. In Song of Solomon a verse echoes to me, “I am my Beloved’s and my Beloved is mine.” Women need to know that they are loved, cherished and cared for. Jesus will never leave us or forsake us, our ever constant companion. I love the last sentence in the pamphlet. “Savor your glorious new identity. You are not who you used to be—no matter what you feel or who others say you are. You are who God says you are.” This is so true for Christians. I cannot imagine trying to survive in this secular world of drug abuse, violence, and inhumanity to man with my Lord and Savior. This resource is so detailed we receive the scripture reference the insight and the meaning. Even those without bible knowledge can use this pamphlet to know who they are in Christ, a new creation, God’s handiwork. I am reminded of a cross-stitch that was on my daughter’s wall. “I know I’m somebody ‘cause God don’t make no junk.” I was given this pamphlet from Rose Publishing for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment