Friday, June 3, 2016

Full Metal Trench Coat-Detective Bill Warthog

As an adult I really couldn’t get into a Warthog Detective named Bill, but I’m sure my nine year old grandson would really enjoy this scenario? My favorite genre in nonfiction literature is mysteries. On my part I was intrigued by the question at the end of each case and a tidbit about one of my favorite scriptures Ephesians 6. The title Full Metal Trench Coat gives an allusion to armor. Each of the ten cases with a silly title will engage children into the mystery to be solved by Detective Bill Warthog and his friend Nick Sayga. Nick is a twelve year old boy who sometimes plays video games with his feet and has a nickname of “Ten Toes.” Nick is a popular guy because his many friends in the stories ask him and Bill to help solve their mysteries. Often they don’t even realize there is a case until Bill gets involved. My grandson also is an avid player of games on tablets, phones, and computers, but he uses his hands. Gaven would get a real kick out of these cases and the added bonus is to learn about the Armor of God a piece at the time. This PDF was given to me for my honest review by Rose Publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment