Friday, March 18, 2016

What the Bible says about Forgiveness


As I lie in the bed and read this on my iPad I was excited that this resource is filled with scripture for I truly think the only way we can forgive is through the grace and mercy of Jesus. This 96 page booklet has beautiful muted pages with quotes from famous and not so famous people about forgiveness.  Some quotes are familiar to me but others come from people who have suffered tragedy at the hands of others and are still able to forgive.  The contents include Forgiveness is Needed, Forgiveness is Possible, Forgiveness is Ongoing, Why Forgive, How to Forgive, Stories of Forgiveness in the Bible.  My favorite section of the book was page 41 and 42 entitled “Does Forgiveness mean Reconciliation?” I needed this section to help a family member who is eaten up with bitterness because she cannot forgive the hurt and injustice done to her. There are hundred bible verses are very helpful. This topic is extremely important in this day of lies and betrayal in government and in business. Churches and friendship can also harbor unforgiveness and rejection. Forgiveness is not easy but Jesus says we must forgive to be forgiven. I was give this booklet as a PDF for an honest review by Rose Publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment