Sunday, March 20, 2016

Time Crashers: Charge to Glory


Time Crashers: Charge to Glory is a book for elementary students. I liked the “choose you own ending” style of reading, but my route only gave me one puzzle. When I reached the end of the book the answers to all ten puzzles were listed. I always feel like I am missing something when I read a book like this. The 202 page book gives you choices along the way and you advance in the book to the end. Every choice leads to the safe return of the time travelers’ home from their search for Ethan Conway’s father. Each trip they take leads them into another era of time. This book has the three friends land in the middle of the Civil War. There were sketches of the battle in grayscale every five or six pages which would keep the attention of the reader in that time of history. The boys Ethan, Spencer, and Jake met famous people in history such as Clara Barton and Harriet Tubman with a guest appearance by President Abraham Lincoln. My grandson would probably enjoy this book since it had lots of details about the shooting and gritty actuality of the war. Interesting facts about the Civil War and these true heroes in our American history were included on the last pages of the book. The information about the black soldiers of the 54th Massachusetts Volunteers and their charge on Fort Wagner. This book was given to me for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment