Thursday, September 13, 2018

World Religions made Easy



This summer as an extension of my Internet Evangelism, I took an online course about bridging our communication with Muslims. We discovered areas in which Muslims and Christians can agree and the things we have in common. The study showed me topics that I can safely discuss with Muslims. The information in this booklet shares information about thirty world religions. While I was familiar with more than a few of the religions, but there were many groups of which I had never heard. During my experience sharing Jesus with women around the world, I was introduced to Santeria. I gained some valuable information from this resource.  Also, I had read an article about a doctor in our county that is proud of his belief in Sikhism. There were many particulars about reincarnation, karma, and the 5 K’s of this religion. My main purpose in a resource of this type was how each religion dealt with Jesus and what happens after death. This book was very clear on both counts. I was astonished at the number of men who basically founded their own religion and wrote the religious texts. It seems kind of egomaniacal on the part of the founders. I marvel that “man” has such a problem believing in Jesus and God’s plan of salvation. I did notice that several religions were covered more thoroughly and included six or seven pages of information. My suggestion would be to include more in-depth writing about Judaism and Biblical Christianity. I found this resource to have much valuable information and was given this pdf from Hendrickson/Rose Publishers for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment