Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Ten Keys to Spiritual Growth


I am so delighted to find this resource. The Bible Study I attend suggests the book of Acts can be called the Acts of the Holy Spirit. I am enjoying learning all I can about this relationship. The illustration of a tree representing Spiritual Growth is right on. I am so excited! I can hardly wait to share at church tonight and with my CBS group. Water representing the Grace of God is perfect. He fills me us and my love can overflow to others. The soil is the Word of God enriches our lives by nourishing us, the Root is Jesus, how perfect, He is the reason for our salvation and our resurrection. The trunk of the tree represents our habits and actions. We need the living presence and guidance of the Holy Spirit for growth. Our relationship with others is represented by branches and the more we grow in the wisdom and knowledge of God we will exhibit the fruit of the Spirit. The 10 Keys listed below each appear with scriptures to Read; truths we can Know and questions we should Ask ourselves about our spiritual life. There are suggested activities to Do that will promote our Spiritual Growth. Many of the activities are habits in my life, but there is always something we can do to improve our relationship with the Holy Spirit. This pamphlet is filled with helpful suggestions.
1.      Focus on your relationship with God.
2.      Pray for growth
3.      Memorize and meditate on God‘s word
4.      Seek wisdom
5.       Obey God‘s word 
6.      Commit to community
7.      Serve others
8.      Give generously
9.      Be thankful
10.   Trust in God’s promises
Henderickson/Rose provided this pdf for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment