Friday, April 28, 2017

Help a Friend-Disability


This spring I trained to become a volunteer at a local museum/library. To my surprise, another Ann was also training for the position. She was in a wheelchair and was very small for a woman in her mid-twenties. I realize now that I do not know the extent of her disability. She had a ready smile and a wonderful sense of humor. Help a Friend-Disability gave wonderful needed advice concerning the deepest desires and needs of friends with disabilities. This includes what they want us to know and how we can best be of help. This resource helped me look at disabilities differently. Some disabilities cannot be seen in the physical appearance of the person. It meant a lot that Joni and friends have included Wounded Warriors in this grouping. Veterans of Afghanistan and Iraq returned from the war with disabilities both visible and invisible. Nobody can know the daily battle they face against their terrors and fears. This PDF files was given to me by Rose Publishing for a fair and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment