Friday, March 31, 2017

Joni's Helping a Friend with Memory Loss

Since my parents have died, I have developed a widows’ ministry of sorts. With my online grocery pick-up, it is not trouble to shop for the ladies at the local assisted living facility. One dear friend of mine cannot remember my visits, so I bought a large calendar and ask visitors to sign in when they come. This pamphlet is very useful in knowing how to react to memory loss and dementia patients. Information on the stages of Alzheimer’s disease can be helpful in detecting symptoms early on. The statistics on the disease and the average life span were new facts to me. There were some very good suggestions on how to create precious memories. The “What not to do” list has educated me on the things I was doing that were not helpful. I loved the bible verses of hope and promise. This is a nicely done reference guide with stories of real people and their care givers.A free PDF of this book was provided by Rose Publishing for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment