Thursday, July 21, 2016

God and Me 52 Week Devotional for Girls 10-12


I enjoyed the introduction for this book of devotions. They compare the devotional book with growing a garden getting rid of the “bugs” in your life like TV and the internet. Basking in the sunshine of God’s love and the rain of His blessing as you get ready to grow in God’s garden. Several years ago I did a bulletin board for my fourth grade student using vegetables. Lettuce be kind, obedient; turnip for school on time, prepared; squash bad manners, hurtful words. The analogy is a good one for kids. It offers a hands-on examples of growing as Jesus did. “He grew in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and all the people.” Fifty-two weeks of valuable lesson for young girls. Each week the girls have a new bible verse. A short story is followed by “Your Turn” a couple questions to help them discover things about themselves. Each day ends with a Prayer pertaining to the values taught that day. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255

No comments:

Post a Comment