Sunday, April 5, 2015

The Wood's Edge by Lori Benton


I had read the Pursuit of Tamsen LittleJohn by this author and enjoyed the historical fiction made real by Lori Benton. The Wood's Edge as the author describes it in her notes is a welcoming ceremony of the tribe when approaching a village. The characters of Two Hawks and Anna were so innocent and pure in their relationship. Learning about the capture of white children to replace the child that was killed made sense to me as the lesson was reversed for Stone Thrower. His white wife had twins, one white and one tawny. The story begins in Fort Williams when a redcoat steals the white son and replaces him with his dead baby. Full of tradition and history, my only complain was the small size of the print of the 390 page book. Still I can't wait for the sequel. This book was given to me by Blogging for Books for my honest appraisal.

No comments:

Post a Comment