Monday, March 16, 2015

The Pharaoh's Daughter

 The Pharaoh's Daughter was very well researched and is sprinkled with quotations from the Christian Bible. Mesu Andrews has written several books based on biblical stories. The other one I read was about Job, Love Amid the Ashes. Both books are fiction and offer one authors creative story of what could have happened. I enjoyed learning about the Pharaoh power and complete control over the Israelite slaves and their very own family. The changing of the person's names were interesting to me. God changed Abram's name to Abraham, so it makes sense to me. The use of children to work in the field and to plug the holes where rats and snakes was hard to believe. But I think the author tried to make the novel as authentic as possible The importance of the Ramessid guards and Medjay warriors used for protecting the royal families added a depth to the story and an added cast of characters to the novel. I would very much like to read the sequels. This book was given to me for an unbiased review from Blogging for Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment