Friday, September 19, 2014

Help for the Hurting Teen

Being a grandparents I did not choose this book but Katelyn ask me to review this new author. Suffering through the teenage years as a single parents, it seemed I could review with some credibility. This book is so perfect for our times. Two days ago an eleven year old girl got of the bus and a shot was heard. Her mother found her daughter dead when she arrived home. Helping you Hurting Teens applies to any Middle School age or older child. My grandson just turned eleven but I readily saw ways to help the communication between my daughter and her son. Conversation starters and how to talk/listen to teens. Different way they grieve and why they grieve. I could see this so clearly in my grandson entering Middle School and playing on a  sports team. Being rejected by peers or not winning a game is a BIG DEAL. They cannot see past the pain of today. It brought back to me the crisis felt by my teenage daughter and trying to do something to help. Parents, teachers, grandparents buy this book

No comments:

Post a Comment