Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Discovering Who You Are and How God Sees You

Discovering Who You Are And How God Sees You By H. Norman Wright
I received a pdf file of this book about Discovering Who You Are and How God Sees You from Rose Publishing for an honest review. God is not only the creator he is the orchestrator. Do you believe in coincidence? I believe in divine intervention into our lives whether we notice it or not! Only God could “park” a file on my computer and the supernaturally share it as I am looking for images for this week’s lesson.
The book opens with a woman who by outward appearance has it all; wearing the right clothes, carrying the name brand purse and draped in a designer scarf. When she entered the counselors’ office the façade is dropped and she exhibits her fragile identity.   
Many identity losses are felt because the foundation we base our identity on is shaky. Who are you? As a youth you may have depended on your looks or you personality to join the “right” group of friends. In college I became a little fish in a big pond. After college we are our profession; marriage 
offers new titles-wife then mother. Living alone at the moment I know who my foundation is built. 
Jesus is my rock. My song for the week has been How Firm a Foundation. I know, right!God is so good.I have learned that who I am is not tied to physical abilities and roles and emotional ties in life. Who I am is determined by my creator, my potter, sovereign LORD. Who I am is determined by “Whose I am!”

The author has created a book for your Christians who may not have attained the wisdom and knowledge to realize their identity is not tied to their work, their family, or their social status. Their beliefs of where they receive their significance are out of focus. There is space in several chapters to write down what you believe about yourself. Chapter three is the meat of the text: how to let go of your false identity and accept the grace we receive through Christ. We need to know what the Bible says about our identity. There are several scriptures in the third chapter which are valuable to know and memorize to maintain a belief that we are a treasured possession and Christ’s death has paid our debt in full. Now we can approach the Father complete in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment