Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Southern Girls



Since I am a Carolina girl, the title, Gone South, intrigued me. The author Meg Moseley was new to me but I loved the cover-bare feet and blue jeans peeking out from under a Victorian gown. This is story of grace and mercy with a hint of romance. Tish, Letitia McComb, leaps blindly into buying the ancestral home in Noble, Alabama. Sometimes you do not get the reception you expect with you try to ingratiate yourself into the social working of a small southern town; especially if your last name is McComb. Add to the mix the town prodigal, a young life torn by misunderstanding, and you have a smash hit. The string of character from the town and the unpredictable reactions to Mel and Tish makes for an interesting read. This book was given to me for review by Waterbrook Multnomah Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment