Friday, May 10, 2013

Delighfully Descriptive Dynamics



I had read Deadline and thought it was a great way to illustrate heaven and hell. Later I was so excited to share Alcorn's Heaven book that I taught it last summer to residents at a nursing home. I received this e-book trilogy from Waterbrook Press for review. Dominion was too much! It gave too much information on too many topics. It was informative about gangs and tagging. Then you mix in the folks in heaven, guardians and in depth descriptions. Then loveable Mr. Abernathy and his descriptions of the injustice to black baseball players. The brutality of slavery was heart breaking. It was unlike Alcorn's other books. I wondered where the author gained his perspective for the character of Clarence. The book seemed to go on forever. Deception,the last in the trilogy, was written from the viewpoint of Ollie who was such an amusing character. I realized along the way that I had read it several years ago but couldn't recall the ending. It was almost as good as Deadline! Alcorn does a great job in these mysteries. You can never guess the murderer!

No comments:

Post a Comment