Tuesday, October 11, 2016

The Messiah in the Feasts of Israel



It never ceases to amaze me that God provides resources for my Bible teaching exactly when I need them. This week as I studied 1 Corinthians 5 about immorality in the church, verses 7 talked about cleansing out the old leaven & v.8 “For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.” This is the Ransom of the Soul. It made me pause in my studying and research unleavened bread. The Messiah in the Feasts of Israel by Dr.Samuel Nadler does a wonderful job explaining the Messianic Passover Feast. I had never heard Matza called “the bread of haste.” The process of 
removing leaven from the home was performed by the head of the home at the beginning the Jewish Seder. But for believers the removal of leaven is more about the cleansing of the heart. This is the Removal of Sin. Paul used this lesson to chastise the prideful Corinthian believers. I will definitely use Dr. Nadler as a resource for my lecture this week. Thank you Rose Publishing for the PDF of this resource for my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment