Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Understanding the Book of Revelation PPT

The book of Revelation has 22 chapters. My group is starting an 18 weeks session on the Study of Revelation. This PPT resource has a wonderful introduction that will definitely be useful in my class. There are 115 slides with one map used eight times with an arrow showing the locations of the seven churches and some repetition of images. The main focus of this resource seems to be the four view of Revelation: Historicist, Preterist, Futurist, Idealist. The worksheets include a very thorough chart for comparing these views. This is not the reason for my study of John’s vision. I think the author missed the mark by slighting the last three chapters in the book: Satan’s downfall and the description of heaven on earth when Christ returns to set up His kingdom. Of the 10 pages of worksheets, only two are fill in the blank questions and one page of Discussion questions. There are 3 pages of terms used in Revelation. This was concise and handy to use.

I was given this download of Understanding the Book of Revelation by Rose Publishing for my honest review. If you want information on the four views this is the resource for you. It was not in depth enough for my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment