Friday, May 2, 2014

Spoken For by Robin Jones Gunn




Though I had seen the Christy series on television, I had never read the books. Robin Jones Gunn's name was familiar and the subtitle was appealing to me;"embracing who you are and whose you are." My favorite pages are at the end of Chapter Two; four pages of "What God says about You." These truths and the scripture references will be pages I return to over and over as I teach my ladies bible studies. Women need to know they are cherished and loved and forgiven. Co-Author. Alyssa Joy Bethke gives the perspective of a young married women who shared how she was pursued by her husband. She show how Jeff's deliberate pursuit is modelled after the unrelenting quest of our heavenly Father. When I looked up Alyssa and Jeff's photos I discovered I had previously read his blog and shared some of his teaching in my lectures. It is heartwarming to hear the thoughts of fine Christian writers. The illustration by Robin about being set apart as a precious treasure for God's highest purpose is valuable for preparing teens for the challenges they will face in the secular world. The writing flows and is so easy to read that I carry the book around with me as I wait for my hair stylistLoved the flower vase suspended on the cover, the blue and orange color were striking. This book was given to me by Blogging for Books for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment