Saturday, November 12, 2011

Great book for Christmas



The Christmas Singing: A Romance from the Heart of Amish Country (Ada's House Series)
I read this book in one sitting. I could not put it down until I found out the ending. Cindy Woodsmall became a favorite of mine with the first series I read, Sisters of the Quilt. She is well-schooled in the traditions of the Old World Amish as can be proven by her non-fiction book Plain Wisdom.
The title The Christmas Singing drew my attention, since I knew Amish couples usually pair up for courting at their singings. Mattie is the main character runs her own bakery named “Mattie Cakes.” Yum! Two of cake recipes are included at the end of the book. She moved away from home after her childhood sweetheart, Gideon, breaks her heart. The drama of the story kept me flipping the pages or in this case scrolling through the e-book. Loved it, loved it! This book was given to me by Multnomah Books for review.
Good family values and faith in God makes this a wonderful book for Christian readers who are tired of vampires and paranormal romances.
File Size: 2047 KB
Print Length: 208 pages
Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0307446549
Publisher: WaterBrook Press (October 4, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment